Why Use Doublewal
Doublewal applications will result in significant cost savings over alternative designs such as on site cast-in-place concrete, metal crib or reinforced earth retaining walls. Some of the reasons why are:
- Standardization of required components and mass production
- Doublewal's remarkable building-block concept with its interlocking design assures that each module will quickly self-align, as it is placed.
- Corrosion problems are eliminated as the assembly does not require forms, bolts, nuts, pins, fasteners, or special strips under layered embankments. Expansion joints normally are not required.
- Fast, safe, simple erection procedures utilizing standard shoulder rivet eye bolts, results in a 2-5 minute cycle time to unload the Doublewal module from the trailer and set it into final position.
- Minimum manpower is required for erection, i.e., a Foreman, a crane operator, one man on the trailer for unloading, and two men to guide the Doublewal into its final position
- Doublewal can be erected without concern about freezing temperatures, thus schedules are maintained even in winter months.
- Doublewal manufactures precast traffic barriers and copings that interlock with the Doublewal modules. View Installation Process
- Doubelwal can eliminate or minimize temporary sheeting because the contractor utilizes the production line concept of excavation, footing, wall erection and backfilling. This procedure greatly reduces the time at which the raw slope is exposed
- Although Doublewal acts as a rigid body in resisting lateral forces, it is vertically flexible so that differential settlements are tolerated, and in most cases will not affect the performance or appearance of the wall.
- The initial wall length may be easily extended and the integrity of the structure maintained. Utilities may be installed behind the wall without concern of effecting stability.